Recipe – Grilled Pork Chops with Coffee Rub
Tuesday, November 8, 2016
Here’s a fantastic, simple recipe for our grilled pork chops! We prefer bone-in pork chops cut about an inch thick.
Dry rubs are also a terrific way to season pork chops. The coffee isn’t overpowering at all, but it does at a subtle flavor that works well with the chili powder and brown sugar. Curious? Give it a try, and let us know what you think!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
* The USDA recommends pork chops be cooked to an internal temperature of at least 145°F
- 3 teaspoons finely ground espresso coffee
- 2 and 1/4 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 bone-in Pork Chops
1. Mix all of the rub ingredients together well in a small bowl.
2. Generously rub the dry rub into the thawed pork chops and then allow the chops to sit on the counter for about 15 minutes while you get the grill ready.
3. Light the grill and heat to medium high heat.
4. Place the pork chops on the grill. For thinner cuts, 1 inch or less, grill them over direct heat with the lid open. They should cook rather quickly, about 5 – 8 minutes per side (depending on the temperature of the grill obviously). For thicker cuts, grill with a little lower heat and close the lid. The same times should apply, but you may need to go longer. Check for doneness using a meat thermometer, or check firmness using a pair of tongs.
5. Remove the pork chops from the grill, cover with foil or a pan lid, and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into them.